Submitted by ygerasimov on Tue, 11/04/2014 - 10:50
When we have a panels page in features and we want to move it to database we need to run
Submitted by ygerasimov on Fri, 10/10/2014 - 10:22
I knew for pretty long time existence of Chrome custom search engines but just now got a huge benefit of it.
The idea is that you can define custom keyword to do a "search" in some website. What you do is you define a keyword "engine" and then when you type "engine keyword" browser will redirect you to custom specified url with substituting %s with your keyword.
Lets see examples.
Submitted by ygerasimov on Mon, 08/11/2014 - 08:56
Submitted by ygerasimov on Fri, 07/25/2014 - 13:41
Today I have had very interesting case with drupal forms having #ajax buttons. One form was working but the other didn't. After some debugging on ajax.js file I have found out that ajax submit buttoms behaviors being attached to forms by id so it is critical that different buttons have different id's. And in my case I have named submit buttons the same name $form['submit'] and in this way they had same id "form-submit". So in order to avoid that only thing you need is to make keys of submit elements in form to be different and then box ajax submission behaviors work as expected.
Submitted by ygerasimov on Mon, 05/19/2014 - 22:40
I have discovered very very nasty bug lately. When you export the panels page and it has taxonomy argument. Settings of argument do have machine name of the taxonomy vocabulary but it ties up to vocabulary id. This means that your panels page can break pretty easy in case you will happen to have your exported vocabulary to have different id. This may happen pretty often if you use features extensively for example when develop project in 'code-driven' way.
Drupal.org ticket https://drupal.org/node/2270505
Submitted by ygerasimov on Mon, 05/12/2014 - 10:47
Devel is a great module that provides a lot of helper funcitons to debug your code. One of them I have discovered lately is ddebug_backtrace().
It gives very nicely formatted backtrace as a message. Great help for development!
Submitted by ygerasimov on Mon, 12/30/2013 - 15:14
I am using vagrant box for developing the project on Symfony (puphpet.com). Locally my webroot files folder mounted at /home/ygerasimov/vagrant/puphpet/puphpet.
In order to debug the project in NetBeans we need to set up folders mapping:
Server path: /var/www/puphpet -- this is folder on the vagrant box where my site is
Project path: /home/ygerasimov/vagrant/puphpet/puphpet -- this is where project folder is mounted on my local machine (host)
Submitted by ygerasimov on Thu, 12/26/2013 - 10:54
Current project I am working on has user profiles using profile2 module. So it is pretty common task to replace all links/references on the site with user's proper name from Profile instead of his drupal username.
This is really easy to achieve using hook_username_alter()
Submitted by ygerasimov on Thu, 12/05/2013 - 13:23
While working on creating Vagrant profile for one of our projects that requires CentOS I have found out that most of puppet drush recepies use drush debian package that of course is not available on CentOS.
The workaround is to use https://drupal.org/project/puppet-drush. The snippets are:
In Puppetfile (I am using http://librarian-puppet.com/)
Submitted by ygerasimov on Tue, 02/26/2013 - 23:12